Updated on June 1, 2020
National Immigration Authority:
- Residence Permits are valid until June 7, 2020. This measure is in place since from March 13.
- The suspension of administrative processes and user service will be lifted from June 8.
- In-person user servicewill be restored gradually and progressively:
- Between June 8 and June 12, only attorneys will be allowed to visit, between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
- As of June 15, the general public will be allowed into the premises, up to 25%of the location’s capacity.
- An extension of up to three (3) monthsis granted to persons whose temporary residence permits, migratory regularization and tourist visas, have expired between March 13 and June 7, in order to file applications without incurring in fines or surcharges.
- The validity of previously issued documents already that have expired between March 13 and June 7, is extended for a period of up to three (3) additional months, except for bank reference letters and good health certificates.
Ministry of Labor – Labor Immigration:
- The validity of work permits for foreign workers is extended until June 15. This extension is in force since March 12.
- Any procedure related to work permits, as well as judicial procedural terms remain suspended until June 15.
Morgan & Morgan will be coordinating all the necessary measures with our clients so that, from June 8, 2020 immigration procedures before the National Immigration Authority can resume and work permits before the Ministry of Labor can resume from June 16, 2020, if there are no additional extensions regarding procedural terms and in-person user service.